Road Traffic AccidentDefined as a traffic accident if it occurs on a road or in a place to which the public have access

Call us on 07940 384785

Traffic Accidents can also occur on footpaths and bridleways.

Road traffic accidents are one of the most common incidents where it is possible to make personal injury claims. This is partly due to the frequent occurrence of Road traffic accidents in comparison to other accidents. Road traffic accidents are classified as accidents involving any moving vehicle. This can be a car, motorcycle, bicycle or pedestrian, or even a electrically assisted pedal cycle, a milk float, a steam roller, or a dumper truck. Whilst road traffic accident is a very wide-ranging term and most people have adequate insurance to enable them to obtain compensation there are situations where personal injury claims are not made, sometimes it is for no other reason than people are not quite sure what to do.

We can assist you by guiding you through the procedure of making a claim for personal injury as a result of a road traffic accident.

As soon as possible after the accident seek medical attention - If you have suffered a personal injury, ranging from severe head, brain and spinal injuries to mild whiplash; it is very important you seek medical advice. The level of medical attention required depends on the severity of your injuries, but whether you attend hospital or visit your G.P. the medical notes obtained serve as a record of the injuries suffered after Road traffic accidents.

If you can prove that the other party was responsible for the accident then you may be able claim for the following:

Travel expenses

Travelling to and from a medical establishment for attention due to your personal injury can also incur considerable costs. Successful car accident claims can include full reimbursement for this expense.

Treatment fees

It's possible that your personal injury will require specialist private medical attention. We can assist you to claim compensation for these costs after road traffic accident.

Medication costs

You may also need a sustained period of medication after your personal injury due to a road traffic accident. We can include this in your claim for compensation.

Loss of earnings

If your personal injury has caused you to take time off at work, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of earnings.

Loss of Holiday

If you have had to cancel a holiday or an attendance upon a show etc, you may be entitled for compensation.

Credit Hire Charges

If you had to hire a car while yours was being repaired you can make a claim for the cost of those hire charges.

It will be necessary for you to obtain medical evidence from a GP or Consultant supporting your allegations of injury and any ongoing medical issues caused by the accident. It may be that you have been involved in an accident with an uninsured or untraceable driver, you can still make a claim through the Motor Insurer's Bureau.

Alternatively, the driver who caused the accident may not have stopped but you may have taken a note of his vehicle registration number. In these circumstances you can write to the The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency and ask for the name and address of the vehicle keeper. There will be small fee of £2.50 payable for this information.

We can assist you by:

We provide a number of legal letters, statements, documents, questionnaires and forms that are essential for taking action as a litigant in person. We only charge a nominal fee for them as part of our committment to providing the most affordable service possible. If you need a document that is not listed, please contact us or give as a call on 07940 384785 and we will help you find what you need.

Stay connected via your preferred social network